Wednesday 4 February 2015

Better Late Than Never

About 5 months ago (13 August 2014), a litter of puppies was born in a leafy suburb overlooking the Inanda Dam (outside Durban, South Africa). One of the puppies is a special little girl who is officially known as Mythic Electra Blue, aka the Munchkin.

Before I forget, the Munchkin is a Belgian Shepherd Malinois. She is my first "Mali". In the past I have owned and worked Giant Schnauzers. I love the Giants but this little girl has captured my heart even more than Alex, the Beloved Giant Schnauzer - more about Alex on another day.

Photo - proud mom, Chernobyl and  newborn babies.

I was privileged enough to visit the Munchkin for the first  time when she was only 2 days old. Of course, anyone who knows about choosing puppies knows that it's impossible to choose a puppy before 6 weeks old. I picked up the little pink girl (refers to the pink collar she wore as a young puppy) and said to the breeder, "This is my puppy".  Yes, yes I know.... I couldn't get my hopes up because she was only 2 days old. But.... she is mine, all mine...

As time went by the puppies graduated from the puppy room during the day to play outside on grass like big girls and boys. They soon realised that there was a very big garden to run around in. They chased each other, and their toys, up and down, dug holes, chased insects and generally had great fun. When they were tired or hungry Mom was always there to look after them and feed them. The photo below is of the Munchkin playing with me on grass when she was about 5 weeks old or so.


There are so many photos of her "first" events - the first trip in the car to the vet, her first trip to the beach, her first night at home etc. It is impossible to upload all these photos. The photo below is of her first night at home, in the crate (like all good puppies should be) with her Tigger kindly donated to her by my son.

The Munchkin hated the crate. She could hear what was going on but couldn't be with her humans so she cried and cried......Needless to say she graduated to the bed very quickly. Oops... the purists frown.. Seriously, it was easier for her to sleep on the bed because when she moved I woke up and took her out - sorted out the accidents in the house and we could sleep at night. The cats were not amused, especially a beautiful red Burmese boy aka Sir Sprocket.

Life with the Munchkin is one amazing adventure after the other..... As the old cliche says.... What this space for more exciting updates of the adventures of The Munchkin and I






























No comments:

Post a Comment